Friday, December 4, 2015

Fit Tips: Winter Polish Picks for Yoga


I'm not very good at it, but yoga is one of my favorite ways to treat myself. It feels so good to get every tense muscle stretched out, focus in on my breathing, and release any tension and anxiety I have from a hectic day.

But, it seems like during yoga between forward folds and downward dogs I do a lot of looking at my toes. If my toe nails look distressed, I spend the whole time thinking about how I need to paint my toes as soon as I get home. It ruins the whole calming, focused yoga experience. To combat that, I pick some polishes that will make me happy when I look at them, and I try to keep my toenails painted. Here are my favorite winter picks for yoga toes.


1. Aubrey by Julep
Right now I am obsessed with this shimmery, dusty, eggplant color. Julep describes it as a "rosewood shimmer." It's a very versatile, wearable purple color. It reminds me of sugar plum fairies but is still grown up and fabulous.





2. I Red a Good Book by Wet n' Wild
How cute is the name? This one is Elizabeth's personal favorite. It's a beautiful classic red color that's perfect for the holiday season. The picture looks like a deep red, but it's actually a bright cherry, cheery red.






3. Worth a Pretty Penne by OPI
I am so excited about the OPI Venice collection! The colors remind me of elegant Angelina Jolie's nails in the movie the Tourist. I want to buy the whole collection and pretend I'm as glamorous as Angelina. My favorite is the shimmery, gold Worth a Pretty Penne color. You have to check out the beautygeeks blog and look at their gorgeous swatches of the whole collection.




4. Greyfitti by Sally Hansen
This cool gray polish reminds me of my favorite cozy sweater. Nothing is better in the winter time than wearing your favorite sweater, so I think I'd get the same calm feeling looking at this color during yoga. This is a perfect, chill winter polish color.




5. Cheers by Butter London
Nothing says happiness like a soft, cheery yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...