Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 New Year's Resolutions

2012 Banner


Since almost everyone does New Year's resolutions right now, I thought I'd offer a link to a tool that I've been using this past year.

Blogger Jessica Mullen has created a sheet that she calls a Universal Grocery List.  Although this sounds a bit like a shopping list, the original title of the worksheet was called Notice It, Get More of It.  Basically what you do is write down things that go well that you'd like more of.  

The reason I find this idea so interesting is that it makes you notice how many good things you already have going for you in your life.  Besides this, when something works out well writing it down means that you'll be more likely to repeat whatever it was that made it happen.  

While Jessica says that she sometimes tries to fill up all 60 of the blanks in a day, during the past year, I've been slowly adding to mine every few days when something special happens.  Now I've got a record of good things that happened to me in 2011.  I've noticed that when I look for good things, they seem to happen more often. 

Of course, you could work this idea into whatever your resolutions are.  So for example, if you are getting fit in 2012, when you have a really good workout or an amazing healthy meal, you can write it down on the list to remind yourself how well things are going and that you want those kinds of things to continue happening.

For all of your resolutions, good luck to you in 2012!

1 comment:

  1. Girl! You have no ide how you inspired me right now! THANK YOU so much! I'm gonna have my own Universal Grocery List for sure! It's amazing how easy things can make your life better. Thank you again for introducing this idea to me, have a great new year!

    Check out my new post:
    www.magdalenny.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...