Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cake and cupcake inspirations

Hello everyone!  I hope that your week is off to a good start.

My week is certainly starting off well since today happens to be my birthday!  This year, I won't be having a cake for my birthday since I'm without an oven as are all of my friends.  However, since I love making cakes for my friends' birthdays when I'm at home in the US, I have a huge collection of cake and cupcake ideas ready for next year.  Maybe I'll make myself a late birthday cake when I get home if I can't wait until the next closest birthday.  Maybe.  Even if you don't plan on baking soon, please enjoy the beautiful cakes.


Minnie Mouse Cupcakes
Photo via weheartit
I'm loving the Minnie Mouse cupcakes.  After all no one is ever too old for Disney. 



Moon and Stars Cupcakes
photo via weheartit
These remind me a bit of Mickey's hat in the Sorcerer's Apprentice. 




Layered Birthday Cake
photo via weheartit
White icing? Check. Colored dots? Check. Layers of pink and white? Check.  I think that's everything that a cake needs to be perfect.



Dolley Madison Layer Cake
photo from marthastewart.com
This is called the Dolley Madison Layer Cake.  I just really want to try making a caramel cake.  It is understated and not over the top, but still impressive.  Sometimes when I bake, I forget that taste is just as important as looks.




Rose Cake
Photo credit naturallyella
I've seen several cakes with the rose pattern technique.  I think that learning to do the roses would be a good way to make a basic cake look even more elegant when the occasion calls for something more than normal.





Donut Cake
Photo credit - Love. Luck. Kisses & Cake Found via pinterest


This seems like the perfect solution for when you need a cake quickly or if you don't like baking.  Who wouldn't want a cake made of doughnuts?  Extra points if they are Krispy Kreme.


Do you have a go to cake for certain occasions or any cakes that you're looking forward to trying in the future?  We'd love to hear about them.

Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a great day and got some of that cake for yourself :) I love the photos, especially the minnie mouse ones.
    I've got a couple of recipes to try after exams (rainbow cake, yay!), and a secret one I've got planned for my a very special friend for his birthday :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My birthday turned out wonderful. Yay for the rainbow cake! Those look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...