Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sharing: Curling Hair Tutorial by Amy at Karmincovers

photo via weheartit

Several weeks ago Jennifer did a post on how to style curly hair fast.  While this method works if you have crazy, wildly curly hair (which we both do,) if you don't have naturally curly hair, it's not going to work so well for you.
A week or two ago, one of my friends sent me a link to a video on youtube entitled How to Rock a Mohawk Without Chopping Your Hair Off.  Naturally, after reading such a title, like any good friend I was slightly concerned when my friend mentioned that she wanted to try doing the hairstyle in the video.  However, despite the name, the hairstyle in the tutorial is actually rather cute.  It looks more like a complicated updo than a mohawk.

However, back to curling hair.  The girl in the video, Amy who is half of the musical duo Karmin, also has a tutorial for girls with straight hair who want natural looking curls.  She uses a method with a curling iron that I've never seen anyone use before.  I haven't had a chance to try this out for myself  but looking at her end result is amazing!

Personally, I tend to use hot rollers rather than a curling iron just because it's so much faster to use hot rollers. Usually Jennifer and I use Remington H9000 Pearl Ceramic Heated Clip Hair Rollers

Also, while you're checking out her hair tutorials, I would suggest listening to some of the covers that her band does.  Amy has an amazing voice (in addition to her beautiful hair.)

That's all for today.  Good luck trying out curly hair!


14 comments:

  1. this is so so so so gorgeous. too bad i dont have naturally curly hair. :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you click on the last link, it will take you to a tutorial for girls with straight hair. Amy uses a technique with a curling iron that makes her straight hair look naturally curly. It's this youtube video - http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=karmincovers&annotation_id=annotation_922189&feature=iv#p/u/11/4w0V_yx4s60

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this when I first saw the video a couple of months ago and it actually worked pretty well! Considering that I have pin straight hair that NEVER holds a curl well and it actually held for a few hours, I would say this style is for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't it a great technique? She actually has some interesting hair tutorials along with her awesome music on youtube. :) My hair is stick straight, thicker than straw and will ONLY hold beautiful curls with this technique. Props!!

    Angie
    everafteralways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks gorgeous, but there's no way that will only take 20 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have straight hair and I want to try that sometime soon! Thanks for the link. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looked through your blog,
    very lovely!

    following you now,
    much Love,
    Julie - http://juliechoice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have extremely thick, curly, wild, unruly, frizzy..yadda yadda yadda hair. I'm going to try both methods, you have certainly inspired me! May I ask about the hair color? I absolutely LOVE it and it's time for a color change from my normal "flat black". Great blog! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! I'm not sure exactly what the hair color would be called.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice post..... Loved it!!! SOurce : http://womens-world-face.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unless of course you live in florida. And when you do your hair like this it looks FABULOUS, until you step out of the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your tutorial, actually we had make a video about curling product especially 1.5 inch ceramic curling iron

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can’t find this video anywhere:( I learned this technique for this very video and want to send it to my clients for them to learn how to curl their own hair

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...