Thursday, July 31, 2014

Field Notes: July 2014



Inspired by a Hannah Brencher post, we want these field notes to be a place where we can share our favorite awesome posts, music, videos, ideas, sites, and general miscellany that we've come across during the month.

Always thought that crowns braids were too difficult for me to try, but I can actually do this crown braid bun. Yay for youtube hair tutorials!

While we're on youtube...I thought I was over these videos, but then I saw the #HappyMS version of Pharrell's "Happy."

I've made this baked macaroni and cheese so many times this summer.

Finally watched Gentlemen Prefer Blondes with Jane Russell and Marilyn Monroe. Light-hearted, classic movie.

For a newer movie, try The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. You'll immediately be inspired to go out and do something incredible as soon as it finishes.

Have you heard of Amy Poehler's Smart Girls? It's definitely a movement worth getting behind.

Here's a thoughtful article about How to Encourage Without Comparing.

Learning a new language is fun, but it's hard to remember to practice consistently. I've been using duolingo to brush up on French.
 
My laptop's desktop is now pretty and function thanks to this desktop organizer. For those who always have to be organized.

2 comments:

  1. I so have been meaning to watch The Secret life of Walter Mitty.

    Wow I haven't thought of French since High School with the required language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie is definitely worth it!

    I majored in French in college, but I haven't had a chance to practice much in the past couple years.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...