Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Teacake Recipe from Paula Deen

Paula Deen Teacake Recipe

In eleventh grade, my English class read Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston, and just for fun our teacher brought us some teacakes in honor of the character in the book Teacake. Our teacher's mother made them, and I am making no exaggeration when I say a crumb fell on my paper and left a mark from all the butter in the cookies. The cookies were amazing, and ever since, I have been in search of a good tea cake recipe. I thought where better to get a teacake recipe than the southern cooking queen Paula Deen?

You can find Paula Deen's recipe for Southern Tea Cakes at foodnetwork.com

So I tried her recipe and the verdict is that while they were not quite what I was looking for, they were still pretty tasty. More sugary than the buttery taste I was looking for, however, they turned out beautifully. Thank you Paula Deen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...