Friday, April 1, 2011

Favorite Discoveries of the Week

Credit - weheartit


It looks like my favorite links for this week are leaning more towards books/literature.

First, let's start with a post on The Simply Luxurious Life entitled Why Not Read - Part Une.  Shannon gives five very good reasons why one should read.  I can't wait until next week to see what she writes in part two.  I'm sure that you don't need to be convinced to read, but you should take a stop by anyway.

Now that you know all of the reason why you should be reading.  You have to decide what to read.  Right now I'm still hooked on Dailylit where you can have sections of books emailed to you every day.  I'm currently still reading about Jane Austen's life.  However, when I finish I want to read Crazy Busy Beautiful: Beauty Secrets for Getting Gorgeous Fast by Carmindy (yes, the make-up artist on What Not to Wear.)

Ok, this next one is a bit silly and really just for a bit of procrastinating.  It's still amusing though.   It's on Sporcle which I was first introduced to at college because college students are wonderful at wasting time.  Can you name the literary works in other words?  I'm not going to reveal how many I got right unless someone asks, but I'd like to know how well did you do?

If you're interested in something other than books this week, why not try some cooking?  Take a look at Pop-Tarts to Gold Fish: 7 Snack Foods to Make at Home on thekitchn. I'm really wanting to try the homemade oreos.  How about you?

Finally, for everyone interested in fashion, South Southern Style has a giveaway for Emma Graham Designs on her blog.  I had never heard of Emma Graham designs, but I love this first look at the line especially since I could see girls at my university wearing any one of the dresses to a football game.  If you don't live in the South, that idea might not make sense.  That doesn't mean that you shouldn't check it out though.

That's all for this week.  I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Don't forget that you can follow Life of Lovely on Twitter and Bloglovin or on Google Friend Connect all of which are on the left-hand column. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice to read what you think about each blog here. And I like that you share new links every week. Also, thank you for linking up over at my No Rules Blog Hop. :-)

    Have a lovely Sunday.
    Alexandra
    http://ropcorn.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...